Thursday, October 15, 2009

Being a Redskins Fan

.Dear Fellow Redskins Fan (that's you Patrick),
.
Your mom told me that you watched part of the game on Sunday, but that you stopped watching after a while.  She said you told her that you were "tired of watching them lose."
.
Boy, I understand how you feel.  I love the Redskins and I've been watching them for a long time, but sometimes I get tired of watching them lose too.  But I like watching them, even when they are bad.
.
It's hard to explain why, but I guess that when you are a fan of a team, it's because you love them.  And when you love someone or something, you stick by them through thick and thin.
.
But sometimes I yell at the TV when they are playing and get upset because they aren't doing well and I feel sad when they lose.  So I guess being a Redskins fan is kind of hard.  But that's what makes it special.  Sound weird?  It probably is.
.
And another part of the fun of being a fan of a team is rooting for them, whether they are good or bad, with people you care about.  So when I root for the Redskins, I feel closer to Babbi and Grandfather, and also to you.  No matter where we might be.
.
But the really good thing is, Buddy, that we are also North Carolina basketball fans.  And they hardly ever lose.  :-)
.
Love you WAY more than my favorite teams,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Time