Sunday, September 20, 2009

One more thing about citizenship

Hey man,
.
Citizenship is especially important to me because the Department of State, where I work, is the only place that can tell a person that they are a citizen of the United States.  We make passports for people and passports are the only thing that can really show what citizenship you have.
.
Because I work for the Department of State, I've given hundreds and hundreds of people their passports so that they can show anyone in the world that they are Americans.
.
When we lived in Latvia, you had a friend named Kristofers Gobins.  I got to tell his parents for the first time that Kristofers was an American citizen and got to give him his first ever U.S. passport.  I love giving babies new passports.  It makes me proud.
.
Love you like I love being an American,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Time